2013 Apprentice Program
May 19 – August 18
*University Credit my be obtained through students school with prior notice.
Master Class Series:
audition techniques, headshot/resume, agents, taxes, theatre venues, monologue & scene study, dance styles, private vocal coaching, warm-up techniques, acting for the camera, improv, voice-over for radio/TV…plus many more taught by FRP working professional company members.
All students are expected to glean an understanding of the whole process of theatre. This will include jobs in all production departments. Props, costumes, scenic, painting, lights, projection, sound, etc.
Special Summer Events
- The Freshman Mixer: A party hosted by the company to introduce and celebrate the incoming apprentice class.
- The Big-Time 4th of July Celebration: An evening filled with decorations, burgers and dogs, and relay games, the entire company looks forward to and participates in this great fun-filled event.
- Opening Nights: Always an excuse to celebrate, the parties are hosted by various departments in the organization. Even the Apprentices get in on the fun.
- Apprentice Graduation: Graduation is held on the last Friday of the program and is hosted by the Apprentice Directors and the Equity Company. This evening includes surprises by the Company, guest speakers and is, once-again, a celebration of the Apprentice class.
- Campfire Sing-A-Longs: Traditional campfire evenings with Smores and dogs at the back-lot firepit. The sing-a-long part is always spontaneous and often amazing as Playhouse musicians and singers join in the fun. Instruments and voices strongly suggested!
*Students can elect to join Actors’ Equity Membership Candidacy (EMC) Program.
Summer Mainstage Musicals:
- Evita June 5-30 (a 4 week run)
- Les Miserables July 10-August 18 (a 6 week run)
- Rootabega Stories
- Sandburg: The Peoples Poet
- Performance for Casting Directors (as well as Individual Professional Audition Videos) August 18
- Flat Rock’s in-house weekly cabaret.
Dark Night Review
- The annual fundraiser.
Dennis C. Maulden, Apprentice Administrator, Flat Rock Playhouse, PO Box 310, Flat Rock, NC 28731, (828) 693-0403 ext. 208, firstname.lastname@example.org