Frequently Asked Questions
Where is Flat Rock Playhouse?
- We have two locations. Our 500 seat mainstage located at 2661 Greenville Highway in Flat Rock. Our 250 seat Playhouse Downtown is located at 125 S. Main Street in Hendersonville. Flat Rock Playhouse is located about half an hour south of Asheville, 45 minutes north of Greenville.
What are your Box Office Hours?
- During the season, our Box Office is open Monday through Saturday from 10 AM to 5 PM, later if there is a show.
Are all of your shows family friendly?
- Most of them are. If you have questions about the appropriateness of a particular show, please call our Box Office.
Are discounts available?
- Yes, we offer discounts for groups and for individuals including student, senior, military and AAA discounts.
Are there dining facilities at Flat Rock Playhouse?
- No, however there are a multitude of excellent restaurants in both Flat Rock and Hendersonville. With that being said, both venues have concessions featuring snacks, beverages, wine and beer.
Is there parking at Flat Rock Playhouse?
- At the mainstage, there is parking. Upon entering the grounds, our dedicated team of parking staff will guide you where to park your vehicle. For the Playhouse Downtown, there is plenty of street parking on Main Street and the side streets of downtown Hendersonville. We recommend arriving early to secure a prime spot.
What is the dress code for Flat Rock Playhouse?
- Dress is casual, but you may want to bring a sweater. Especially during the summer, we try to keep our theaters cool for the comfort of our patrons and performers alike.
Can I purchase tickets online?
- Yes, you can purchase tickets for our productions online by visiting the show page you are interested in seeing, however it is less expensive if you visit us in person. Come see us! We’d love to see you and save you a few extra bucks! Please note that season’s tickets, Flex Plans, etc must be purchased either over the phone or in person.
Where can I locate a seating chart?
- When you click on the show of your choice, there is a penny icon in the bottom right hand corner of the screen. That is the seating chart for the particular venue.
How will I get the tickets I purchased?
- Your tickets will be under your last name at Will Call, unless you would like them mailed to your for a small fee.
How might one apply for job at Flat Rock Playhouse?
- Actors: Flat Rock Playhouse operates under an Actors’ Equity Association C.O.R.S.T. – Z contract. Annual auditions are held in New York, the South Eastern Theatre Conference, and the Western Carolina Theatre League Unified auditions. Submit headshot and resume electronically to email@example.com.
- Local actors will be seen in Flat Rock typically in January or February. Keep checking the website and our Facebook page for more information.
- Directors/Choreographers: Artistic positions are filled appropriate to the needs of each season. Submit headshot and resume electronically to Lisa K. Bryant, Artistic Director. firstname.lastname@example.org
- Designers/Technicians: Design and technical positions are advertised through ArtSearch, Off Stage Jobs and other Internet based sites. Seasonal, year round and intern positions are posted as openings occur in the scenic, lighting, sound, costume and properties departments. Contracts range from single show job-in to partial or full season. Send your information electronically to Adam Goodrum, Production Manager. email@example.com
- Administrative positions are posted on an as needed basis.
How does one become a volunteer for Flat Rock Playhouse?
- If you are interested in becoming an usher for Flat Rock Playhouse, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
- If you are interested in working with our Master Gardeners, please email Tamsin Alpress at email@example.com
- If you are interested in working with our volunteer guild, Supporting Players, please email Georgie Farmer firstname.lastname@example.org