For more information contact Lynn Penny, our development director, by calling 828-693-0403 x221, click here or visit the box office.
How Can I Support Flat Rock Playhouse?
You can support Flat Rock Playhouse EASILY by becoming a Flat Rock Playhouse Celebrity.
- All gifts to Flat Rock Playhouse are 100% tax deductible.
- Giving Categories start at just $25 and your generosity will be acknowledged in the Playbill AND on this website.
- You can also support Flat Rock Playhouse by becoming an Executive Producer.
Do you want your gift to serve Flat Rock Playhouse from now on? Consider making a gift or bequest to the Flat Rock Playhouse Endowment Fund. See exciting news about our Capital Campaign to construct our new, state of the art Education Center for Flat Rock Playhouse’s esteemed Vagabond School of the Drama.
Why Should I Support Flat Rock Playhouse?
- $7,000,000.00+ local economic impact in 2006.
- Estimated $10,000,000+ economic impact in 2012 when adjusted for inflation and with the additions of Music on the Rock, The Playhouse Downtown, and the new YouTheatre Education Center.
- Directly impacts over 10,000 students annually in surrounding public and private school districts (2011).
- Enrolls 700 students annually in its arts education programs (2011-2012).
- Employs 28 fulltime employees and over 200 part time employees annually (2012).
- Provides over 10,000 volunteer hours annually for area residents (2012).
- Has a payroll of just under $2,000,000 annually (2012).
- Is the largest year-round employer of artists and technicians in Western North Carolina (2012).
- Sells 80% more tickets than the average theater in its class (source).
- Currently sees only a $5,000 benefit from the tourism tax despite being the primary reason why close to 30,000 patrons visit Henderson County.
- The average theater in its class received $220,000 from State and County Funding sources. Flat Rock Playhouse received only a $67,000 grant from the state (source).
Flat Rock Playhouse invests in the community; consider investing in Flat Rock Playhouse!
Click here to see the economic impact of Flat Rock Playhouse.
More Reasons To Support Flat Rock Playhouse
Support Flat Rock Playhouse and know that you are also supporting a major economic catalyst for the region.
- Our 100,000 annual audience members spend over $7 million with Henderson County businesses.
- Flat Rock Playhouse also donates over $45,000 worth of tickets annually to regional charities and important organizations for fund raisers and events.
- The Playhouse also recognizes and rewards, with free tickets, the region’s vital volunteers who make hundreds of charities more successful.
- Flat Rock Playhouse has donated over half a million dollars worth of tickets to Henderson and Transylvania County schools in an effort to introduce our young people to the magic of professional live theatre.
By giving to Flat Rock Playhouse’s Endowment Fund, you can provide for Flat Rock Playhouse forever. How It WorksManaged by the Community Foundation of Henderson County, the Playhouse’s Endowment works much like an investment fund. In fact, that’s exactly what it is. The fund managers at the Community Foundation of Henderson County carefully invest the Foundation’s monies to be sure the highest possible return is gained by the recipient organization. The principal fund balance remains untouched while a portion of the earnings are returned to the Playhouse for immediate use (the rest being reinvested). The bigger the fund gets, the greater its advantage to the Playhouse.
Is The Playhouse In Your Will?
Consider making Flat Rock Playhouse an organization that will survive for the next century by including it in your Estate Planning.
How Can I Contribute?
You can make an online donation here, or contact Our development Director, Lynn Penny: