2013 Apprentice Program – May 19-Aug 18 (Arrive May 18th)
AUDITION / INTERVIEW
Auditions are required for applicants who wish to be performers. Auditions may be scheduled at the South Eastern Theatre Conference or through a personal visit to the Playhouse. If distance or scheduling does not permit a personal audition, video auditions are accepted.
Applicants are encouraged to review this entire website to gain as much knowledge of the Playhouse as possible.
The Apprentice Application is complete when a candidate has submitted the following:
- Application Form (may be submitted online)
- Headshot/Resume (may be submitted online)
- 2 Letters of Recommendation (may be email or standard mail)
- Audition (may be in person or by video submitted in DVD form by mail or uploaded to YouTube)
The Audition Process may take place at Southeastern Theatre Conference, in person, or by video. If submitting a video audition by YouTube, the audition must still meet the requirements of normal audition formats. We are generally looking for:
- 2 Contrasting Monologues (one should be age-appropriate and with standard speaking voice)
- 2 Contrasting Songs (should contrast musical styles, legitimate or belt voices, or vocal ranges and tempos)
- Dance/Movement Demonstration (may be a choreographed piece or simply several combinations of steps, demonstrating technique or dance styles)
- A Personal Introduction (something about you that makes you interesting and indicates what you hope to gain from an apprenticeship and what unique qualities you would bring to the apprentice ensemble)
The application process is completed with SETC in early March. We begin to make our offers immediately after that conference. It is important, therefore, to have your complete application package to the Playhouse by the beginning of March if you are not going to be attending SETC. If you are called back at SETC and subsequently offered a position in the Apprentice Company, it will be pending receipt of letters of recommendation.
Please note: If you have been passed on to SETC, there is no need to send in a video or to audition in person outside the Conference. However, please email us and let us know ahead of time your SETC number, so that we can be looking out for you in the audition room. If you have submitted your application ahead of time, you may sign up for a callback automatically.
As of March 6th, 2013, the application process for 2013 FRP Apprentices is closed. Please check back next year.
NOTE: Individual elements of the program are subject to change pending the needs of each student class.